Tuesday, December 5, 2006

I Hate Charter

Since the day we moved in I have been in a running battle with Charter cable. Each time I think I have won the war I realize that they have simply run another guerrilla action and have out-manuvered me again. Waived installation fees that are charged to our account. Installers who won't get in the attic because it's too hot (this in October), giving up on trying to get cable into the guest rooms and still being charged fortheir installation. Thinking I have it straightened out and never getting the updated statement that I requested. Not to mention the three technicians that come out and replace one bad modem with another. Finally, this morning no cable after getting the still incorrect statement the day before, warning me that they might suspend service. AARRRGGGHHH! Not a good way to start the day. What had they done? Debited an adjustment instead of crediting it and thus increasing the bill (in their favor) by $100. I Hate Charter.
Then there are the call centers. Have the corporate honchos considered how insulting it is to the call center employees and to the customers to require someone in New Delhi to identify himself as "Jerry"? Puhleez, give some respect to your employees by not hiding their culture behind "American" names and don't insult our intelligence by thinking we fall for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! you are right on the money with it all! Dad-i'm gonna say it again-do the dish! don't give your money to charter!!!!!!
    love ya XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete