Friday, March 28, 2008

What the...?

I was checking my gmail backlog (well okay, I'm at an all-day workshop with a presenter that is talking about family therapy concepts at the level of a high school psychology class, relying on her East Coast, New York City, "we've got all the answers" chutzpah) and I came across a two month old e-mail from Charter advertising an auction for life-time broadband access. I clicked on the link figuring it was already over, it was. Some chucklehead actually paid $71,540 for Charter internet access! That gives him the highest speed available in his area, a FREE modem, and FREE installation from one of the lowest rated cable companies in the nation for service and products. Yippee, skippee. See http://connect.charter.com/forlife/ if you don't believe me. I hope the guy is really healthy and really young, at $30.00 a month he's going to need to be around for 198 years and 9 months to break even. I imagine he's saying to himself, "Heh, heh, heh, in December, 2206 I'll really start sticking it to Charter." I guess he (I'm assuming it's a he because no woman would be that dumb) loves Charter. But if you didn't know already, I Hate Charter!

1 comment:

  1. i'm just laughing! i hate charter and i don't have to ever deal with them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete