Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Evie!

Well, Evie's birthday really isn't until March 26th but I thought I might get the word out early so no one will forget (how could you) and to offer a suggestion to friends and family. Last year, Kim and I started an account with the College Savings Plan of Nebraska with Evie as beneficiary. Nebraska's is one the top 529 plans in the country--and if you are from Nebraska you can deduct the contribution from your income. 529 plans are tax-deferred and when Evie withdraws the money for college expenses it will be tax-free. So, while admittedly, a cute dress or teddy bear is lots of fun to give; I thought I might suggest another--less fun now, lots more fun in the future--gift.
If you want to contribute go to College Savings Plan of Nebraska and click on "download payment coupons" in the second paragraph of the page. You can print off the coupon and send them in with your gift.
Drop me a note and I will send you her account number rather than posting it here or you can send the gift to Ron and Maggie and they can send it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment